In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired.
In the pursuit of Tao, every day something is dropped.

Less and less is done.
Until non-action is achieved.
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone.

The world is ruled by letting things take their course.
It cannot be ruled by interfering.

Tao Te Ching

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reader Birth Story - Megan

Hi Everyone,
Today Megan, mother of three is sharing her experience of being pregnant with and birthing Isla.....

I was diagnosed with whooping cough when I was about 6 months pregnant. I was sick for a long time. That was truly awful!

I'm sure that is what bounced my baby into a transverse position....non stop coughing! I spent a lot of time doing yoga as I recovered and trying to get baby to shift but she wouldn't! My doctor told me that a C-section was necessary for me to survive the birth when I was 36 weeks.

I begged the universe to help me out as I was terrified of surgery. I went in to labour the day my final "deciding" scan was due (38wks). But I never went to the scan.....I just walked and walked and walked for over 10 hrs then presented to my wonderful midwives and they had to do a simple "twist" of Isla (which _did_ hurt!) but she was born a minute or so later, perfectly healthy and me untorn and totally fine. We were both home within 1.5 hrs. :)

I am soooo glad I trusted myself. And I will truly love Marie and Jenny (my mids) forever.

Megan

Thanks for sharing Megan, Cynthia xx